When life gives us pain,it also gives us blessings
Sometimes in our life we feel a series of emotions,as if a whirlpool of emotions are going to drown us in it.We try to resist,but it catches with us sooner or later.This is my understanding of grief,which I have felt deeply inside me.
Nobody wants grief in their life,but when it comes,we cannot escape from it. It could be due to loss of loved one, any natural calamity, chronic physical disease, divorce, break up,etc.
“Grief are those waves of shock which comes suddenly, but stays for a long period of time, trying to drown us in its tides, until we finally embrace it and learn to move ahead with a lesson it teaches us”.
Grief is not just one emotion, it is a series of emotions and feelings including anger,depression,denial,resentment,guilt,sorrow,weeping or crying spells,insomnia,etc.It makes one feel as if a hole has been created inside our heart and we find ourselves helpless in that situation.
Usually grief goes through a cycle of loss. According to the ‘Kubler-Ross model’,or the ‘Five stages of Grief ‘,a series of emotions are experienced, wherein the five stages are:
1. DENIAL: The person is unable to accept the loss and thus deny that the loss has even occurred.
2. ANGER: Feeling of anger towards that person for leaving us behind; towards self for not able to stop it, and towards God.
3. DEPRESSION: Becomes hopeless; goes in self-mode. Tries to become aloof from others, remain in its shell and keeps crying.
4. BARGAINING : Person involve feels that something needs to be done to overcome it
5. RESOLUTION: Find solution to a situation, embraces the loss and decides to move forwards.
Many people remain stuck in either anger or depression phase throughout their life, trapped forever in the vicious cycle of grief.
Although it remains in our heart, throughout our life, but we need to find a purpose, a resolution to come out of its vicious cycle, or else one could never see the beauty of life again.
It’s time to analyse what else can be done in life; what lesson have we learnt. I believe that most of the pain and suffering teaches us a lesson and leads us to a new direction; we just need to find that direction, a purpose to continue with our life.
Look for your blessings in life
Bring back positivity in life
Learn something new
Get involved in your hobby or passion
Make self-help books as your best friend
Find support group, if you need.
Find a purpose; find a meaning in your life. If life gives us pain, it also gives us blessings.
Let’s come out of our struggles more stronger and brighter.